Click on each update for more information…
Options for At-Home COVID-19 Tests

Enrollment and Eligibility

Initial (New Hire) Enrollment

To enroll in the Plan, you must enroll online within 31 days of your hire date.  If you do not enroll within the time frame, you must wait until the next open enrollment period or until you experience a qualifying event.  Participation is optional, but to decline your insurance benefits you are required to complete a waiver online.  The start of coverage depends on your contract with your employer.  Tools to help you compare plans.

Proof of Eligibility Requirements

Enrollment / Change Instructions and Required Dependent Documentation for Eligibility (PDF)
Disabled Dependent-Certificate of Impairment Form (PDF)-For disabled dependent over age 26
Spousal Employer Verification Form (PDF)

Dependent Enrollment and Eligibility

A Spouse and dependent children (up to the age of 26) who meet the Plan’s eligibility criteria are able to enroll in the Butler Health Plan (BHP) for medical and dental coverage.                                 .

Spouses that are eligible for enrollment may enroll in BHP for secondary coverage when they are primary on another plan.  For a Spouse to enroll in this Plan for primary medical coverage, the Spouse must meet the criteria eligibility listed here Eligibility Requirements for a Spouse to Enroll in Medical Plan.

As part of the enrollment process, you will be required to answer the spousal questions located in the Benelogic system.  If your Spouse is eligible to be secondary, their primary insurance information will need to be entered in the Coordination of Benefits (COB) section of the enrollment process.

If your Spouse is employed but does not have access to an employer-sponsored medical plan, you will be required to have your Spouse’s employer complete the Spousal Employer Verification Form.   Print the form from either this site or from the Resources Tab in the enrollment portal, complete, and upload to your Benelogic file cabinet.

Making Changes to Your Medical or Dental Plan Enrollment Mid-Year

You may make changes throughout the year if you have a qualifying event or family status change. You must make the change at within 31 days after the qualifying event (and within 60 days to enroll a newborn). If you go beyond the time limit, you must wait until the next open enrollment period to make changes or additions.

Examples of a qualifying event (family status change)

  • Marriage
  • Divorce or Legal Separation
  • Loss of coverage (not dropping coverage voluntarily)
  • Loss of coverage under a Medicaid plan or a state CHIP program
  • Death
  • Qualified Child Medical Support Order (QCMSO)
  • Legal Guardianship
  • Newborn and Adoption

Reference the official BHP documents for complete eligibility requirements for coverage under the plans for you and your  dependent spouse and children.  If there is any discrepancy  between this information and the official BHP documents, the official document will control.

Annual Open Enrollment

Each year you have the opportunity to participate in the Medical and Dental Plan for the first time, change plan options, or add or drop dependents without a qualifying event.  Your Treasurer or Personnel Department will provide Open Enrollment online instructions to you.  Open Enrollment occurs in the fall of each year with coverage effective January 1 of the following year.


Please contact

Employer Benefit Contacts

Beavercreek City SchoolsJayme Profittjayme.profitt@beavercreek.k12.oh.us937-458-2426
Beavercreek City SchoolsDeron Schwietermanderon.schwieterman@beavercreek.k12.oh.us937-458-2433
Beavercreek City SchoolsRobin Sprowlesrobin.sprowles@beavercreek.k12.oh.us937-458-2403
Bellbrook-Sugarcreek SchoolsStephanie Ebenstephanie.eben@bss.k12.oh.us937-848-5001 x6111
Butler County Educational Service CenterPatty Spath-Meyerspathp@bcesc.org513-887-5512
Butler Tech & Career Development SchoolsAmy Winegardnerwinegardnera@butlertech.org513-645-8294
City of FairfieldCarol Mayhallcmayhall@fairfield-city.org513-867-5352
Fairfield City SchoolsSue Hollingsworthhollingsworth_s@fairfieldcityschools.com513-858-7114
Great Oaks Career CampusesPaula Loseyloseyp@greatoaks.com513-612-3615
Hamilton City SchoolsRayshawn Greenrgreen@hcsdoh.org513-868-4453
Hamilton City SchoolsSteve Pattersonspatterson@hcsdoh.org513-868-4453
Lane LibrariesBryan Isayb.isay@lanepl.org513-894-0113 x1614
Madison Local SchoolsChad Hillchad.hill@madisonmohawks.org513-420-4756
Middletown City SchoolsShannon O’Connellsoconnell@middletowncityschools.com513-217-2642
Monroe Local SchoolsBeth Jeffersbjeffers@monroelocalschools.com513-539-2536, x7310
New Miami Local SchoolsDarbie Porterdporter@new-miami.k12.oh.us513-863-0833, x3005
Ross Local SchoolsMandy Andersonmandy.anderson@rossrams.com513-863-1250
SWOCAEd Pokoraed@swoca.net513-869-4714
Sycamore Community SchoolsJill Woolwinewoolwinej@sycamoreschools.org513-686-1700, x5002
Talawanda City SchoolsHolly Turnerturnerh@talawanda.org513-273-3100, x7