Formed in 1985, the Butler Health Plan, SW Division of Optimal Health Initiatives, has provided medical and dental benefits to school districts and public employers in southwest Ohio for over 30 years. We believe that the combination of building partnerships and delivering innovative methods of containing healthcare costs is vital to our continued success.
What makes Butler Health Plan successful?
- Two full-time employees are dedicated to serving Butler Health Plan members.
- Employee representatives are invited to participate on the Board of Trustees.
- Participating employers make up the Benefit Information Committee (BIC) that includes stakeholders (Classified, Certified, and Administrative) who review plan designs and suggest changes to the Board of Trustees.
- Enhanced wellness programs are designed to focus on prevention, early detection and keeping members healthy; e.g. onsite flu shots, health screenings, wellness grant, fitness programs, personal health coaches, and online e-coaching tools.
- As a division of Optimal Health Initiatives, Butler Health Plan Members are Better Together when we maximize our employee dollars by partnering with peers to leverage greater purchasing power and political influence without losing local autonomy or local control.
Beavercreek City Schools
Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local Schools
Butler County Educational Service Center
Butler Technology & Career Development Schools
City of Fairfield
Fairfield City Schools
Great Oaks Career Campuses
Hamilton City Schools
Lane Public Library
Madison Local Schools
Middletown City Schools
Monroe Local Schools
New Miami Local Schools
Ross Local Schools
Sycamore Community Schools
Talawanda City Schools
Board of Trustees:
Randy Bertram, Treasurer, Middletown City School District
Chris Brown, Superintendent, Butler County Educational Service Center
Paul Carpenter, Chief Financial Officer, Butler Technology and Career Development Schools
Scott Decker, Teacher, Monroe Elementary School District
Paul Otten, Superintendent, Beavercreek City School District
Shaunna Talefski, Treasurer, Talawanda City School District
John Wahle, Senior Engineer, Great Oaks Career Campuses
Jeremy Frazier Treasurer, Hamilton City School District
Brian Smigel, Teacher, Beavercreek City School District
Billy Smith, Superintendent, Fairfield City School District