Formed in 1985, the Butler Health Plan, SW Division of Optimal Health Initiatives, has provided medical and dental benefits to school districts and public employers in southwest Ohio for over 30 years. We believe that the combination of building partnerships and delivering innovative methods of containing healthcare costs is vital to our continued success.
What makes Butler Health Plan successful?
- Two full-time employees are dedicated to serving Butler Health Plan members.
- Employee representatives are invited to participate on the Board of Trustees.
- Participating employers make up the Benefit Information Committee (BIC) that includes stakeholders (Classified, Certified, and Administrative) who review plan designs and suggest changes to the Board of Trustees.
- Enhanced wellness programs are designed to focus on prevention, early detection and keeping members healthy; e.g. onsite flu shots, health screenings, wellness grant, fitness programs, personal health coaches, and online e-coaching tools.
- As a division of Optimal Health Initiatives, Butler Health Plan Members are Better Together when we maximize our employee dollars by partnering with peers to leverage greater purchasing power and political influence without losing local autonomy or local control.
Butler County Educational Service Center
Butler Technology & Career Development Schools
Fairfield City School District
Great Oaks Career Campuses
Hamilton City School District
Madison Local School District
Middletown City School District
Monroe Local School District
New Miami Local School District
Ross Local School District
Sycamore Community School District
Talawanda City School District
Board of Trustees:
Chris Brown, Superintendent, Butler County Educational Service Center
Mike Davis, Treasurer, Talawanda City School District
Bob Hancock, Treasurer, Hamilton City School District
Nancy Lane, Treasurer, Fairfield City School District
Patty Spath-Meyer, Assistant Treasurer, Butler County Educational Service Center
Beth Weber, Treasurer, Sycamore Community School District
Kevin Wittman, Teacher, Sycamore Community School District